Saturday, May 1, 2010

Miracle on Mills Terrace

Those of you who know me, know that I believe life is a gift and that I try not to take any day for granted, not even the simple routine days. Well today, we experienced a Miracle on Mills Terrace...

My baby, Hannah, has just begun to wake me up for an early morning breakfast around 6:30 a.m. This morning, I noticed that she was gagging a little during her feeding, so I looked her over and since she wasn't fussing, I simply switched out the nipple on her bottle. She finished her full feeding after that and belched a LOUD burp that made us both laugh. After that she laid her head on my shoulder, and we fell asleep until Suzy woke us around 9:15 a.m.

As we were all eating our oatmeal, Hannah started gagging again, but much more noticably this time with a little shudder and a pinched face! I thought to myself that I would definitely be calling the nurse on-call if this continued at lunchtime! So, thinking Hannah might just be coming down with something, Suzy and I continued to eat. While sipping some coffee, I looked over at Hannah, who was squirming but giving us small smiles to the two of us next to her. In one of those slightly open smiles, I spotted something white with pastel colors, definitely not teeth!!! Shuddering, I quickly opened her little mouth and pulled out... A TAG!!!!???!!! Hannah had chewed off and swallowed a silkie tag from one of the teddy bears in her crib!!!

[Now, all you Moms out there... I am dedicated to removing tags and stickers, even at my own peril because of those manufacturing warnings!!! I have removed every tag and sticker from every toy the girls use, but I truly didn't think that the cute silkie tag on a Carter bear would pose any danger! Both Suzy and Hannah have loved playing with that tag!]

I choked back tears and my hands shook, as I realized how merciful and powerful God is! He once again perserved Hannah's life!!! She had been suffering for hours, and I didn't even know that she needed my help! She didn't complain or fuss. She only gagged. I sat there, realizing she could have suffocated but God protected her! He watched over her little life and reminded me again that He has our beginning, middle, and ending in His trustworthy hands. So today- that's our miracle on Mills Terrace!

No comments:

Post a Comment